Tuesday, June 28, 2011

New Shirts

I finally made something for Malcolm!  I've been busy with making things for gifts and things for Dorothy and I haven't done anything for the boy in a while.  I like doing things for him too, but baby clothes and dresses are just so cute that I get distracted.

I had a few pairs of shorts with no tops to go with them, so I bought a few plain t-shirts and added my own designs with my embroidery machine. Overall, I really like how these came out, and it was much easier than trying to find something cute that would match.


First, I did a hot air balloon applique. I think this one might be my favorite of the batch I did this time. I had all the extra fabric in my scrap pile, so it was quick and easy to put together.




It looks so cute with his red shorts. He kept petting the white clouds because they are slightly fuzzy.





Next was a gecko on a grey striped shirt. This was probably the most detailed piece I have done so far. I should have used a darker color for the eyes, but it is too late to change it now. Malcolm says this one is his favorite.




Close up of the gecko.






How it looks with the shorts (he is wearing this one today).




Last, I did an anchor. I bought the yellow shirt to add a new color to his wardrobe, but then was stuck as to what to do with it. I love how this came out, though I'm not sure how he will look in yellow.




With the shorts.



It is getting easier (and faster) to do these, so I might be doing more of this for his clothes and buying fewer pre-done items.

No comments:

Post a Comment