Thursday, October 27, 2011

Car Shirts

A friend asked if I could make her twin boys shirts with cars on them with the cars being different colors. I didn't have any car patterns, but I found a cute woody applique that we both liked. The shirts turned out really cute, but the woven fabric I used for the cars is not holding like I would like it to. I have never had that problem before and feel badly that, while very cute, they aren't quite working out like we had hoped. I found two brick red shirts in her boys size at Target last night and I'm going to experiment with an idea and see if I can get it to work better.

Green car.



Close up view.  The "wood" part is tan corduroy.



Light blue car.  Yes, I took the photo before washing off my marking lines.  If I wait, it doesn't happen.



Close up of the light blue.  Sorry it is hard to see the color well, but it looks nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment