Sunday, January 8, 2017

Spaceman Pajama Pants

I have been very bad about remembering to take pictures of the things I have been making lately.  I'll say that I'll try to be better about it, but I probably won't actually change anything.  Anyway...

I did remember to take a couple of quick pictures of Malcolm in his new glow-in-the-dark spaceman pajama pants that I finally finished for him.  I love how excited he gets when I make him something.  I don't make nearly as much for him because a lot of the boy clothing is either more difficult, or it's just much less expensive (and quicker) to just buy him the shirt or pants he needs.  "Luckily," there is a lack of cute, affordable big boy's pajamas for sale, so I can still make him a little something once in a while.

 Yes, we still have our tree up.  We were late to set it up, and are late to take it down.

He's much more excited than he looks here.  The pants are the tiniest bit too big, but I'm hoping he can wear them next winter too.  Since they are flannel, they are a winter only pj, and I'd hate for him to only be able to wear them for a short time.  He's growing so fast; straight up.



 I didn't realize the photo was so blurry, but here's a close up of the fabric.  The white on the astronaut's suit, the white stars, and the white on the moon, all glow in the dark.  Extra fun!  I don't know how much longer he will find glow-in-the-dark pajamas exciting, so I might as well  do it while I can.

I used an old pattern, and the length was perfect for right now, but I was afraid they would be too short by next winter.  I added a green cuff to the hem, and I really like how it looks.  They are a tiny bit long right now, but not so much that he trips on them.



So cozy, and ready for bed!  I found the shirt on clearance at Target last year, and it matched the fabric perfectly.  It's hard to see in the photos, but the orange and grey in the shirt are also the colors of some of the stars in the pants.  It was much faster to just buy the shirt, and it cost much less than I could ever make one.

I have some other flannel fabric set aside to make more pajamas pants for him, but I think I'm going to wait until next year because he has enough for right now.  I hope he's still into cute pajamas when he's 10.  I have a different glow-in-the-dark space fabric, some comic book character flannel, and a black and white cat print (he's cat crazy).

No comments:

Post a Comment