Thursday, December 16, 2010

Kitchen Stuff

Hooray!  I have several small completed projects to share!  I still need to take photos of a couple for shirts I appliqued for Malcolm, so I'll start with an apron and kitchen towel I made for a friend.

The apron is reversible, with a ruffled bottom. I'm hoping to use the same techniques on a dress for Dorothy very soon.



reverses to:


You might notice that the trim for the ruffle and the ties is not the same color. I managed to add the ruffle inside out and did not notice until the apron was completed. I am so accustom to putting the wrong sides of the fabric together that it didn't even occur to me that the ruffle was not actually going to get turned when I turned the rest of the apron right side out. Lesson learned, however, I sort of prefer the lighter shade with the other fabrics.


The towel was just a regular applique.

No comments:

Post a Comment