Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sewing Day

My husband and I agreed that one day a month, I will have a sewing day where I work an 8 hour day in my sewing room and am not to be disturbed.  Today was the first one and I got so much done.  My list is still a mile long, but here is what I accomplished in just one day:

embroidered 2 shirts
appliqued 1 shirt
made a snowflake ornament
transformed a gift sack from Amazon into a reusable shopping bag
recovered a lamp shade
cleaned up everything but one (giant) pile of fabric
rearranged the furniture (and love the new layout)
dry mopped the floor
rearranged the books so that I can get to the ones I need
dusted the book shelves, small lamps, and some of the baseboards
started piecing together some strips for a project that will use up some of my scraps

I think that is all. No wonder I'm a bit tired. I'll post photos of the finished projects during the coming week. I just wanted to say how well my sewing day went while it is still fresh. I have a million more things I want to make and I hope with the room better organized, it will be easier to get some of them done.

No comments:

Post a Comment