Monday, January 23, 2012

Stuff for Dorothy

Aside from the diaper I made at my sewing class, I haven't posted much about things I have made for Dorothy lately.  Her hair is finally long enough to be pulled back with a little clip.  She prefers the two pigtails that look like antennae look, but sometimes I can talk her into a barrette to keep her hair out of her eyes.

Brown and white/off-white barrettes.



I covered an alligator clip with velvet ribbon because the velvet seems to grip her fine hair better, so they stay in a little longer. Then I glued on some pre-made flowers I bought to match the ribbon. If she starts wearing these more, I might look in to making some bows and such myself, but for this first try I wanted it to be quick and easy.

Close-up of the brown ones.  They have little pearls in the center.



She has outgrown her Purdue shirt and I had to pull it from her closet because it wasn't covering her tummy any longer. The pants still fit great and are perfect for her gymnastics class, so I wanted a new shirt to go with her plain black pants. I bought a plain shirt on clearance at Target and decided to add this shifty-eyed panda that I have used before. I thought it was a little boring in just black and white, so I experimented with adding a ribbon bow. I liked the bow, but wanted it to tie in a little better, so I also added bows near the cuffs. I'm interested to see how they wash and hold up. If they do well, I might use this more often. I like how it adds a little color and a little texture to the shirt. I might even try coordinating the ribbon on her clothes to some bows for her hair. We'll have to see how ambitious I'm feeling.

Panda shirt with added bows.  I'll have her wear it to gymnastics this week, then see how it washes.



Better view of the bows on the sleeves.



Close-up of the panda with the bow.

No comments:

Post a Comment