Sunday, June 24, 2012

Daisies and Dragons for Dorothy

I'm a little slow in blogging some of my finished projects, so I'm going to combine two things I have recently made for my daughter.

First, I embellished a skirt to go with this daisy shirt that I made in the Spring to go with a pair of crazy striped pants I bought for $1.  The pants are too hot for summer, so I bought a knit skirt that looks like denim to go with the shirt.  To make the skirt and shirt look like they actually go together, I sewed on some little white daisy trim to the bottoms of the ruffles.  It was so quick and easy to do and makes such a big difference.  I just adore this little outfit now and keep grabbing it out of her closet every time it is clean.

She was not in a cooperative mood for pictures, but making bubbles with a hand mixer slowed her down a bit.


Not the greatest picture, but you can see (almost) the entire thing.


Dorothy is currently in a Puff the Magic Dragon phase and I saw some adorable dragon fabric at the store a couple of weeks ago and had to have it.  It was a home dec fabric, but was 100% cotton, so despite it saying dry clean only, I decided to go for it.  Even better, it was on clearance.  The kids were invited to a pirate themed birthday party, so the day before the party I decided that I need to finally get the dress made so she could wear it to the party the next day.  For some reason, pirates and dragon go together in my head.


I think it turned out very cute and she didn't have any sheared dresses yet for this summer. 


I have a couple more things that I want to make for her, but I better get on it or summer will be over before she can wear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment