Friday, April 10, 2015

Purdue Sweatsuit

I finally finished the Purdue sweatsuit I started for Dorothy months ago.  I have had the pants done for a long while.  I finally got around to doing the jacket and the thread didn't tie off correctly, so I had to hand stitch part of the drum, and it took me a while to build up the courage to try it.  Once I just sat down and did it, it turned out lovely, and you can't even tell where the stitching pulled out and I mended it by hand.

 It's a little hard to see, but I embroidered a block P on the chest pocket of the jacket and on one pant leg.


 When I did the jacket, I accidentally switched the silver and the gold threads.  I meant to have the gold on the outside, to match the one I did on the pants, but I sort of like the silver being the main color.  It stands out nicely on the black background.


 On the pant leg. Yes, she is wearing Purdue rain boots.  It ha been storming very badly here, and they were perfect.   Never pass up an opportunity to be super matchy.


 I couldn't get zip up sweatshirts without hoods, so I purposely positioned the drum a bit low so it wouldn't be completely covered up.


Without the hood in the way, it's a bit low, but I like how it looks.  If I do the drum again on a black background, I think I'll use a darker grey for the carriage.  I went with the medium grey, which looks OK, but when it was wet, I liked the darker color.  Usually, it would be black, but that wouldn't look right on a black sweatshirt.

I have a short sleeve, heather grey shirt that I want to put the drum on too, so she could wear the set together.  For today, it was just over her leotard for gymnastics class.  Luckily, it's big enough that she should be able to still wear it next fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment