Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Valentine's Day Dress

I made Dorothy another quick dress from a t-shirt for Valentine's Day.  Since she would only get to wear it a couple of times, I purposely made it a bit big, so she can wear it again next year too.

 I found the shirt at Target, and the fabric at JoAnn's.  Nothing fancy, but the reds match, and I like the simplicity of the heart fabric design.



 The back, with the ribbon bow.


 This wouldn't be my first choice as a shirt, but it was the only one they had and I didn't want to drive around looking for something different.  There's nothing wrong with it, just not what I typically am drawn to.



 Instead of the straight, gathered, skirts I have put on the last few dresses, I did this one as a circle skirt for extra twirl factor.  Here's the wind up...



 ...and the spin.



The skirt flows outward very nicely.  She has practically made herself dizzy spinning in it

I don't know how much longer she will be willing to wear stuff like this, so I'm enjoying it while I can.  Hopefully, she will wear it next year too.

No comments:

Post a Comment