Sunday, May 28, 2017

Gnome Dress

I finally made a dress for Dorothy out of some gnome themed fabric I bought a few years ago.  I fell in love the the adorable Gnomeville fabric by Micheal Miller and had to have it.  However, I didn't realize just how tall the border was until it arrived.  I wanted to wait until she was tall enough that the entire dress wouldn't be just the gnome border, because I love the red with white polka dots (I love polka dots and have to be careful that she has other patterns in her wardrobe).  I used the same pattern as a dress I made her a couple of years ago for our trip to Disney, but this dress ended up a little too big and I had to take it in a bit.  I don't know how much longer she will willingly wear cutesy clothing, but she could easily wear this for a couple of years.



It's been too cool to wear it, but I had her put it on for the last day of school.  I made her take off her cardigan for the photos.



Even though it's a bit big, she can still play just fine in it.



I found these gnome buttons, and they are just perfect on the front of the dress.




The bottom border is a scene of gnome life in mushroom houses.  So cute and whimsical, and the top edge is scalloped.



The back of the dress.  I just love her in dresses that show her back and ruffle sleeves.  I hope she doesn't get too old for them too soon.

Overall, I like how this dress turned out.  She still likes it when I make her things, and loves the "fancy" dresses.  No one else at her school dresses like that though, so I'm not sure how much longer she will want to wear them.  I'll keep doing it while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment