Monday, April 18, 2011

Flower Fairies

I'm not going to make my goal of an entirely hand-made Easter this year, but there are going to be several hand-made items in each of the kids' baskets.  Last night I made these little flower fairies for Dorothy. They are just pipe cleaners, beads and artificial flowers, but they are sort of cute. I used the instructions on this page.


Here are all three. It took well under an hour to make all of them, and that includes the time I spent getting up and hunting down supplies I forgot to gather before I started.



This was the first one I made and I got a little carried away with her hair. I going to leave it for now, but she may receive a trim in the future. I have some more supplies and I'm wondering how one with really short hair would look. I might need to try that.



This one turned out the best of the three. Her hair is in proportion and her face looks nice. I vote that Dorothy will either ignore this one or lose her immediately.



This was my last try and I got a little creative. I had some small white flowers with blue tips, so I added one to the white mum I already had. It makes her skirt flip up in a funny way, but I sort of like it.  Unfortunately, her eye looks funny because the ink ran into the wood grain of her bead head.

Overall, I'm very pleased with this project both in how cute they turned out and how simple they were to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment