Saturday, November 12, 2011

Car Shirts, Take 2

I wasn't happy with how the car shirts I made for a friend turned out.  I got the pattern from a different site than I typically use, and it stitched out very differently.  When it tacks down the applique pieces, this pattern uses a very narrow, very tight zig-zag stitch and it pretty much just pulled the threads from the edge of the woven fabric I used.  This time, I used fabric that won't unravel and used a more substantial stabilizer on the applique pieces and on the back of the shirt.  It seemed to help and this time, they stitched out much better.  I normally would not have chosen the bright orange and lime green to go with the brick red shirts, but they really turned out cute.  I hope her boys like their new and improved shirts.

Sorry about the lighting glare.  The colors show better in the close-ups.



Lime green car.



Orange car.

No comments:

Post a Comment