Monday, May 21, 2012

Does it come in Purple?

When I made the orange dress with a dinosaur for Dorothy, My roommate from college showed it to her daughter, who asked the obvious question, "Does it come in purple?"  For you, Anna, it does.


I am really loving the light purple with medium and dark blue color combination.  My only minor complaint is that due to the pattern on the dinosaur, it is a little hard to see his eye.  Next time, I'll try to choose a pattern with a bit less contrast.  I was a bit limited though, because the ric-rac only comes in about 5 colors, so I had to find a complimentary fabric that also looked good with the ric-rac.  Luckily, there are ribbons to match all of the ric-rac colors, so I didn't have to worry about that.

While sewing the dress, I was about 4 inches from finishing the final hem when all of a sudden, my machine ate one of my straight pins.  I have never had that happen before and I had to take the plate completely off to dig the pin out.  When I did, I was shocked to see that it had been bent into a "2" shape.  So odd.  Sadly, this also poked a small hole in the fabric.  It was easy to patch up and will never be seen unless you get really close and know exactly where to look.  It is along the back neckline and is hidden in the gathers.  Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment