Monday, May 14, 2012

Two Shirts for Malcolm

I'm still making things for Malcolm, and I finally got some photos of two of his newest shirts.

First, I made an elephant shirt to go with a pair of pants I bought last year.  There are four things I love in pants for little boys:

1.  seersucker stripes
2.  little all-over embroidered design
3.  roll-up style that can be buttoned at various lengths
4.  priced cheap on clearance

These adorable seersucker pants with embroidered elephants from Janie & Jack met all four criteria and I had to buy them.  Of course, without a shirt, the pants are useless, so I found a cute single color design where the elephant looked pretty similar to the ones on the pants.  He wore the outfit to the zoo and looked pretty sharp.


It was the end of the day and they were getting goofy.



I offered to make him a shirt for his birthday, and he and I spent an evening looking through designs.  He liked lots of designs, but finally settled on one that said "Birthday Boy" with a cupcake.  I searched through my scrap fabric and chose four colors that I thought would look nice together.  After I made the shirt, I showed it to him and he told me that, "Those aren't the colors I was thinking about."  Turns out that he wanted purple on it somewhere, but I didn't have any purple scrap fabric.  This was a couple of days before his birthday, and by the time the big day rolled around, he had decided that he liked it after all.


Ready to start opening presents.





New jump rope!


No comments:

Post a Comment