Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Animal Headbands

Dorothy loves to accessorize, so for her birthday, we are giving her a dress-up box with lots of fun accessories.  In addition to sunglasses, bracelets, and necklaces, I made her a set of headbands so that she can be some of her favorite critters.

Once I figured out the templates, these were surprisingly easy to make.  I drew out the shape that I wanted, then added a half-inch rectangle to the bottom.  I placed the rectangle on the fold of the felt and cut out my shapes.  The ears wrap around the headband.  I stitched along the headband first, then around the outside of the ears and I hot glued the center part of the ears.

Since her birthday isn't for about two weeks, I enlisted Mr. Bear to model the ears.


Meow.



The rabbit ears have a pipe cleaners in them to help them stand up.



I wish I had put the mouse ears a little farther apart, but they are still cute.



The lion one cracks me up.  Roar!  It's going to be so cute on her.



I had one headband left in my pack and some fake flowers left over from another project, so I broke out the hot glue gun.  Not my best work, but something frilly will be fun too.


View from the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment