Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Holiday Catch-Up

I made a few things for gifts this past holiday, but I was terrible about blogging about them, so I'm going to dump them all into this one post.

First up is a set of kitchen towels that I made as part of a wedding gift. 



I made a hand towel for each of Malcolm's teachers at school and the the director of the school.  They also received some home made jam.  The towels and jams were all different so that they could each pick their favorites.



A reversible dress for a friend's one year old.



What it reverses to.



I had a few issues with the reversible dress, like sewing closed the arm holes; twice.  Then I sewed the buttons on (it buttons down the back) much to tightly and could hardly get it to button at all, let alone on a wiggly child.  Once those issues were fixed, I was finally able to send it off to her.  I hope they like it.

I don't have any photos, but I also made two Kermit shirts for my cousin's sons.  I think mom was more excited than the boys, but hopefully they like them too.  One of them put it on while they were here having dinner, so that's a good sign.

Lastly, I was also busy making jam which I give out to friends, family, teachers, and just about anyone who teaches or takes care of my children in some way.  This year, I made two batches of cranberry peach and one batch each of blueberry peach, blackberry, and blackberry merlot.  A butter cracker, goat cheese, and blackberry merlot jam has become my favorite snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment