Thursday, January 17, 2013

Bags

I usually do my embroidery on clothing or towels, but I recently tried putting it on bags and they turned out really cute.  Dorothy started school last week and needed a backpack.  I found a really cute polka dot one, but it was really plain looking, so I jazzed it up a bit.  I gave her a couple of options, and she chose to have a panda put on it.  Malcolm likes the panda because it is fuzzy and soft (I used black velveteen).  I debated about putting her name on her back pack for safety reasons, but ultimately decided to do it.  She will only be walking with me to and from school, and will need a new backpack long before she will get to the walking alone stage.  We have also been working with her to start identifying her name (it's not going well) and looking at it each time she grabs her backpack can't hurt.

Here it is, hanging on its hook in the kitchen.  I think it is really adorable and I hope it holds up to her next two years of preschool and one year of kindergarten.



Ready to go on her first day of school.  We accidentally had her wear a polka dot dress too, so she was covered in polka dots that day.


For Christmas, one of my kids' teachers asked if I could add her niece's name to a bag she was planning to give her for Christmas.  Hooping it was the most difficult part, but once that was done, it stitched out really well.




My son is a little jealous and want me to do a backpack for him too, but his current one won't work for a variety of reasons.  He will most likely need a larger backpack when he goes to first grade next year, so I'll let him pick something then.

No comments:

Post a Comment