Friday, January 4, 2013

Gymnastics Baby Onesie

When my son was around a year and a half old, he started taking a mommy and toddler gymnastics class.  Four years later, and we are still at it.  He has taken some summer breaks, and recently switched to dance classes, but my daughter is also now in gymnastics.  Between both kids, they have had a handful of instructors, but there is one who we have seen almost continuously.  She is very sweet, and her husband is one of the other instructors my son has had.  They had their first child back in September, and I wanted to make them a little something.  I didn't get it done right away, so it ended up being a baby/holiday/end of year gift.  Neither of my kids currently has her as a teacher, but she is at the gym teaching another class at the same time as when my daughter takes her class, and she always asks about the kids.



I made it in a size a little larger than she is currently wearing, so I hope it will still be cold enough for long sleeves when she grows into it.  I had a hard time finding a good gymnastics themed applique design, but I'm happy with this one.  I like that it something special and personal and I hope that the parents like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment