Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 Pay it Forward Craft Challenge

Last January, I signed up to participate in a pay it forward craft challenge, where I would send a home made something to the first five people who signed up via facebook.  I started off really well, and cranked out the first three; a Kermit shirt, a second Kermit shirt, and some doughnuts like these.  Then, I was working on other projects and put off the crafts I had promised, partly because I kept changing my mind as to what to make.

I felt the end of the year coming, and finally got myself into a "just make something" mode and cranked out my final two crafts.  Both were a Christmas themed kitchen towel and two small cloth snap pouches.


The towels are the same size, just folded differently to show off the designs.  I use the fabric pouches for snacks for the kids, but they can be used for anything small you want to hold, like small toys, kid "treasures," small first aid items, etc.




These were for a friend who has two boys.  Please note how well the stripes match up.  That rarely happens for me, so I was excited when it worked out so well.



This one was for a friend with two young girls.  She told me that the day it arrived, one of the girls was home sick and was sad she was going to miss the holiday program at school.  The package was a nice surprise and her daughter loved her little pouch.  Made me feel good.

I've been making a lot of these pouches lately, and I really like them,  They are quick to make and very functional.  Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment