Saturday, January 21, 2012

Goals for 2011

So, I had a list of goals for last year and I only marginally managed to complete some of them.  Let's recap a bit, shall we?


Goals for 2011

1.  Spend two nights a week in my sewing room, or anywhere else working on a project, for at least one hour. 

I would do well for a while, then would fall off of the wagon for a while. When I was doing well, I got a lot done.


2.  Put away all the odds and ends of fabric that are still out in the open in the sewing room.

Ha! Ha! Ha! I did a little here and there, but it is still 100% a disaster in the sewing room. I really do need to do this. It would be so nice to work in a beautiful room.


3.  Hang the thread organizers.

Kevin did it for me, but at least it got done. Check!


4.  Set up my snap press in a permanent way.

Done! Check! Whew. Finally one where I can claim success.


5.  Make the curtains for my sewing room with the fabric that I bought a year ago.

The fabric is still sitting there, mocking me.


6.  Recover my chair and lamp shade now that the colors in my room have changed.

The chair I had been using has been replaced...by two chairs that need to be recovered. I have doubled my work and my lamp has not changed.


7.  Make a dent in the giant pile of scrap fabric.

Well, I did a little of this, but I need to do some bigger projects involving my scrap piles. I have a couple of ideas, but I need to actually do them.


8.  Hang up the pictures I have framed.

Done! Check!


9.  Finish at least one project that is partially done.

It was small, but I did it. Check!


10.  Take a sewing class.


I am signed up for one tomorrow. I didn't make it in 2011, but I am finally going to do it. Yay, me! Hopefully, I will learn something.


After my class tomorrow, I'm going to spend a little time reflecting on what I want to do this year. I might not make a ten point list. I have some things that I would like to get done, but I also have some things that I really need to get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment