Thursday, April 19, 2012

Pay it Forward Craft: Kermit

I completed another of my Pay it Forward Craft 2012 projects.  Three down, two more to go! Since the person I was making it for really liked the other Kermit shirts I did, I did one for her daughter too. This was my first time putting Kermit on a feminine style shirt, but girls need Kermit stuff too.

The shirt turned out great, but I ran into a few problems trying to get it set up. I sized up a little on the shirt, and used a 3T, hoping that I could make it work, and in the end it did; but just barely. I learned that girls' shirts are cut a little more narrow, so it was much harder to get the back of the shirt up and around the hoop so that I didn't stitch the shirt closed. I have a smaller version of Kermit that I have never used, so I cut out a template, only to discover that it was much too small. That one is more suited toward a pocket patch or as a crest or something. I had to hoop it a little high, then edit the design to get it lowered enough, and it just fit. I hope the little girl likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment