Sunday, April 29, 2012

Birthday Gifts

Malcolm had two more birthdays recently, so I made two more beach towels with the kids' names on them. Unfortunately, I don't have any photos of the first one I did. I realized I hadn't taken a picture as I was curling the ribbon on the package. You will just have to believe me when I say that it was cute. It has the little boy's name and two pelicans on it. It was the first one I had done with pelicans and now I want o do more. I did remember to take pictures of the second one I did. I ran out of my stockpile of beach towels, except for two bright pink ones and I didn't think those would go over well with a five year old boy. Dorothy and I went to Target to see what we could find. They did have a couple of beach towels out, but they would not have worked well to be embroidered. We ended up choosing a regular bath towel, and they can choose if they want to use it at he pool or at home. Dorothy pick out a green towel for the birthday boy, and while she was a it, also picked out a yellow towel for herself and a red one for her brother. Malcolm wanted me to appliqué clown fish on the towel and they look great on the green. Hopefully it will get a lot of use this summer.
This was the best I could do for a spread out photo indoors.
I think the fish look uneven because of the bump in the couch.  They looked even when I held it up.
Now to see if I actually get the ones for my kids done before swimming lessons start in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment