Thursday, April 26, 2012

Shirred Dress for School Raffle

Malcolm's school had a raffle fund raiser in March and I donated two custom made items as prizes.  One was a shirred dress for a girl in any size from 12 months to 6.  I asked the winner for color and theme ideas to find some fabric that they would love.  The little girl who won is very girly and like monkeys, rainbows, and blue, green, and purple.  I found lots of very cute fabric, but many of them were serious, and didn't seem quite right.  They would have been pretty, but would also have looked a lot like something that could have been bought at any store.  Once I saw this polka dot monkey fabric, I knew that it was the one.  I don't know the little girl very well, but it really seemed to "fit" her and I very much hope she likes it.
Since she prefers greens and blues, I used that as the main ribbon color.

Close up of one of the sassy, silly monkeys on the fabric.


More monkeys.  I tried to get an aqua ribbon for the trim, but couldn't find any that matched.
I think that it turned out really cute, and love that it is a casual, every day sort of dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment