Friday, April 20, 2012

Etsy Shop is Open!

I have toyed with the idea of an Etsy shop for a long while.  I crunched the numbers, and it really isn't worth it for me to offer any of the clothes I sew because I would have to change such ridiculously high prices to make it worth my while and not loose money.  However, I can do embroidery and applique on shirts for a reasonable amount, and I like how relatively quickly those go from an idea to a finished product.

I've been working on building my stock, while also doing some other side projects, and today I just bit the bullet and listed my first 10 items.  I need to do a lot of tweaking to make things look more professional, and I want more examples of finished products for people to browse through, but it is a start.

Just a few hours after opening up the shop, I had my first request for a custom item.  Hopefully, it will go through and I will have my first official sale very soon.  *fingers crossed*

Check out my shop to see what I have in stock, and "like" my facebook page to keep up with new additions, info, and promotions.  Hint:  I have a stack of samples and seconds that I plan to offer for half price sometime in the future, and I will announce that on the facebook page.  Don't miss out!

Facebook

Etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment