Sunday, April 22, 2012

Purdue Hoodie

I appliqued a block P on a grey zip sweatshirt for Malcolm to go with his Purdue shirt and pants.  It's cute, but not quite what I was hoping for.  I had some Purdue fabric left over from some long-alls I made him back when he was a toddler, so I used that for the P.  I wish that the print on the fabric was a little smaller so that it would have shown up better on the P.  The stitching around the P is a little wonky where it started and finished, and I think it has to do with how I hooped it.  The zipper and the sleeve made it difficult to get properly hooped, and I think it wasn't tight enough, then slipped at the start and finish, leaving the stitching not quite finished looking.  If I want to do more sweatshirts, I'm going to have to find a way to get them more stable for stitching.  Oh well, it is still great for layering in this Spring weather.

Close-up of the P
Yes, he's wearing his Purdue t-shirt under the sweatshirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment